Staff and students at Stanley Grove Primary Academy are celebrating the outcome of their recent Ofsted inspection, which judged the school as continuing to be GOOD.
In a report full of praise for the care, teaching and learning provided for students by the dedicated staff at the school, there were some stand out comments from the inspection team:
- Under the head of school’s leadership and supported by the multi-academy trust, the staff team have created a vibrant and nurturing environment which puts pupils’ rights at the heart of the school.
- The teaching of reading has been prioritised by leaders. Pupils enjoy spending time in the school library and demonstrate a love of reading.
- Parents and carers are overwhelmingly supportive of the school. They are welcomed into school for a range of events and receive relevant information about their children’s progress. A typical comment from one parent summed up the words of many: ‘This school has provided my children with a great education and made them independent children.’
- Governors are actively involved in the life of the school and the local community. They attend social events, visit lessons and speak to both pupils and their families.
- The promotion of pupils’ personal development is a strength of the school. Pupils are safe and are polite and considerate.
- The effective leadership of the special educational needs coordinator (SENCo) has resulted in good provision for pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND).
- Leaders’ use of the sports premium is highly effective. The leader of physical education is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about improving pupils’ skills and access to a wide range of different sports.
Acting headteacher Tracey Williams commented; We are thrilled with our Ofsted report. The Ofsted team were fair and open which allowed for challenging, high quality dialogue throughout the two days. Whilst we are very happy with this report, we are also keen to continue to improve even further to ensure Stanley Grove goes from strength to strength.
We are so proud of our wonderful children and amazing staff and look forward to the next chapter -working closely with our trust and our teaching school.
CEO of Bright Futures Educational Trust John Stephens said; “I am absolutely delighted that Ofsted has recognised the great work of Stanley Grove Primary Academy. This report highlights how the whole Stanley Grove team are working really well together to build on the children’s talents and to make the most of all that diverse strengths that come from the communities we serve.
The recommendations from inspectors are really helpful to us. Working closely with our children and families, we will continue our journey of improvement, always building on strong foundations.”
You can read the full report on the Ofsted website by using this link – https://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/provider/21/138785