Students and staff at Connell Sixth Form College are celebrating their latest Ofsted inspection outcome – rated a resounding GOOD in all areas! Such was the conviction of college leaders that the Bright Futures Educational Trust Sixth Form was indeed “Good”, they invited Ofsted inspectors in to judge for themselves.
Highlights from the report include:
- Students have access to effective and impartial careers information, advice and guidance which has led to almost all students progressing to higher education, apprenticeships or employment.
- Leaders and managers have implemented a strong and inclusive culture of learning in which students from diverse backgrounds work successfully with each other to embody the college values of hard work, integrity and passion, trust and respect.
- Governors, leaders and managers have developed and refined the programmes of study very effectively to respond to local and regional skills priorities. This enables students to develop the necessary knowledge, skills and understanding to progress successfully to employment.
- Teachers have high expectations of their students and they plan lessons meticulously to support students to achieve their potential.
- Students are polite and treat each other and members of staff with respect. They take pride in their work, improve their confidence and develop the knowledge and skills required for further study or employment.
The excellent inspection result comes hot on the heels of a set of excellent examination results for 2017 – recently confirmed in the publication of the DfE performance tables in January.
According to the tables, Connell Sixth Form College is THE top performing A-Level provider in terms of students’ progress across Manchester, Tameside, Trafford, Stockport, Bury, Salford, and Bolton! Connell is also the number 2 Sixth Form provider across the whole of Greater Manchester AND in the top 10% nationally for Sixth Form colleges, being 5th nationally for A-level progress. Additionally, progress of disadvantaged students at the College places them 4th nationally and is ‘well above average – placing the college in the top 6% of all A level providers.
Principal Jane Hopcroft said ‘I feel incredibly privileged and proud to be the Principal of Connell Sixth Form College. We are delighted with the outcome of its Ofsted inspection which confirms the quality of provision available at Connell. The report is a testimony to the hard work and dedication of staff and students.
We are thrilled our students are making such tremendous progress. Our students, from across Manchester and from a wide range of backgrounds and schools have worked hard and achieved more than they would anywhere else.’
CEO of Bright Futures Educational Trust Dr John Stephens added “I am delighted that inspectors have recognised the great work that we see at Connell every day. Such rapid progress is the result of the hard work and commitment of our talented students, staff and governors. ”
The full version of the report can be viewed at: https://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection-reports/find-inspection-report/provider/ELS/139730